Scrapbook Supply News

Welcome to Scrapbook Supply News. Here you will find news of scrapbook supply products, free tips on scrapbook layouts, digital scrapbooking and much more. Enjoy your exciting hobby even more by making Scrapbook Supply News your home of scrapbooking.

Thursday, March 1

The Idea Of Scrapbooking

I loved this story, it's just what scrapbooking is all about for me.


Take a Break with Photos

Did March come in like a lion, or like a lamb?

You could answer that by talking about the weather (how boring, and how obvious to anyone who lives near you) or you could take inventory and answer based on your homeschooling, like it is right today.

In my home, things are almost gearing down though we are only just entering March. I find myself daydreaming about the excitement I am sure to bring to school next year, not what needs to be finished for today. I think it gets like that after the seemingly endless days of dull, grey winter. So, if you are anything like me and mine, the tip for today is this:

look through a photo album with your children.

Every once in a while, one (or both) of my boys has one of those days, where tears abound and frustration levels run high. On those days, I put the kettle on for hot chocolate, pop some corn, and get out my scrapbook albums. I will sit with each boy, individually, and tell him the story of how he came to be ... using the pictures ... answering any questions he has to ask of me. We usually cry a little, but this time they are happy tears of memories. Not only is it cathartic, but also reminds us of how blessed we are to be homeschooling, together.

You see, sometimes the "rabbit trails" are actually the right path.

(Kristina Campbell is a homeschooling Mom of two boys, ages 12 and 10. She has a B.A. in English, loves to write music and create art with her husband of thirteen years. She has published some of her poetry and is currently finishing a study guide for the novel Cheaper by the Dozen. You can visit her blog at
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/onfire).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home