Scrapbook Supply News

Welcome to Scrapbook Supply News. Here you will find news of scrapbook supply products, free tips on scrapbook layouts, digital scrapbooking and much more. Enjoy your exciting hobby even more by making Scrapbook Supply News your home of scrapbooking.

Wednesday, March 7

Developing Your "Look"

Here's an amusing post at http://knitandpurlgrrl.blogs.com/scraphappy/. I'm sure that we can all identify with this. I know I can!


Developing Your "Look"

I am a dedicated Autumn Leaves fan. My latest favorite is "The Look Book." One of my favorite parts of this particular book is all the little quizzes and interview questions sprinkled through the book. Who cares about the layouts? I'd rather hear the details about the PROCESS. (Well, I guess the layouts are pretty cute, too).

I thought as a little treat today, I'd answer the same questions that were posed to the AL gals. That way I can at least pretend that I'm cool:

What part of creating a page do you enjoy most?
While the chance to use many of my favorite elements -- graphic design, writing, paper, embellishments -- is exciting, and while I love documenting my family's history, I have to say that my absolute favorite part of scrapbooking is the peanut M-n-Ms.

Do your styles of dressing or decorating your home mimic your style of scrapbooking?
Oh, most definitely. After all, the whole house (and my entire wardrobe) is covered with adhesive squares and scraps of paper -- much like my layouts. And my layouts usually have more than a few fingerprints -- much like my house.

Who or what inspired you to start scrapbooking?
I had to find SOMETHING to do with all the patterned paper, buttons, ribbon, and other goodies I'd amassed.

When did your style click for you?
As soon as I realized I'd never have more than fifteen minutes to spend on a page. And as soon as I realized doodling makes my pages look like a seventh-grader's math notebook.

Do you have any tips for recording memories until you can scrapbook them?
Crayon on used paper napkins works great.

Why does scrapbooking make you happy?
How could it not?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home