Scrapbook Supply News

Welcome to Scrapbook Supply News. Here you will find news of scrapbook supply products, free tips on scrapbook layouts, digital scrapbooking and much more. Enjoy your exciting hobby even more by making Scrapbook Supply News your home of scrapbooking.

Tuesday, March 13

Scrapbooking Tuition - Who Me!

I can identify with this post by Meghan via http://mchaotic.blogspot.com/index.html



I have been cleaning my studio the past hour...I have wayyy too much stuff. I might have to do a few RAKs because of all the s**t that has piled up in there!

A friend of mine called last week and asked if she could come over in a few weeks to scrap. She is beginning and wants me to 'teach her.' I don't know how to teach scrapbooking at all but I have to clean this insane mess before I could have her come over!

When she comes over I won't teach anything, I will just sort of try to inspire emotions in her to get them out on the page. I mean, that is the most important part-right? Spilling it on the page like Sabrina Ward Harrison says. Getting it out, spilling the pages, it is what makes the most sense to me.

I looked through my scrapbook from 2005 and was so amazed to find pages I had forgotten about, pages that evoked so many memories! It was refreshing to find pages that actually still inspire me.

Lately I have been caught up in deadlines and making pages solely for deadlines but going through my old scrapbooks today really helped me see how much I truly love to scrapbook!

I found a seashell in a mini book of Mexico that we went in 2002 - Tyson went for a walk one morning and brought me this seashell that I kept in a mini book.

I found a dare from a long time ago called 'I Wish' and my wish was for healthy babies...I haven't had a baby yet but the wish is still the same.

I found a page about my sister and her struggle to find herself after graduating college - a year ago- and now she just got offered an amazing new job with a fabulous company in SLC!

I also found Tyson's graduation pages from when he graduated from the University of Utah. They are so different than the pages I make now but still I am soooo happy I preserved the memories and kept all the cards he received and even back then we were having little photo shoots of us together. He looks so handsome in the graduation gown! I can't believe we are getting ready for his MBA graduation!

It is simply amazing how much life changes in such a short amount of time. I mean, who would have thought I would move here, love it here, find a love of paper and glue and find the dare girls to constantly inspire me and find a deep love of photography and here I am just getting started!

It is a good feeling, realizing all this paper to glue actually means something to me-years after the pages were made.

If you wished to head someone in the right direction for some scrapbooking tuition, you could send them here: Learn Scrapbooking With Scraptutor

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home