Scrapbook Supply News

Welcome to Scrapbook Supply News. Here you will find news of scrapbook supply products, free tips on scrapbook layouts, digital scrapbooking and much more. Enjoy your exciting hobby even more by making Scrapbook Supply News your home of scrapbooking.

Friday, March 16

Scrapbook Layout: A Little Scrappin' Going On

I love this scrapbook layout post by Kimberly at http://stampingbythesea.blogspot.com/. It is so imaginative. Top marks to her.


A Little Scrappin' Going On

I was able to sit down last night and scrap. Lots has been going on at our household and I needed a little time to escape the insanity! Nothing takes me to that awesome place better than scrapbooking. I have had this photo of B sitting on my desk for ages. Even prior to the move. It sat in the same spot. I knew what I wanted to do with it just wasn't sure of the design.


I started with the pic in the middle and then I grabbed that new Notations paper, and away I went. As my children get older there are so many things they say and do at these ages I NEVER want to forget. I used this page to journal the little details about B at the age of 5. From his favorite movies, to little milestones he has hurdled as a 5 year old, i.e.. no more training wheels. The chipboard is actually pretty naked except for the doodles stamped directly onto them. I sponged lightly around them to make them pop a little more. I loved that the Notations paper had the numbers in many of the patterns which made this layout really come together. I wanted to repeat the number 5 which would give the layout a better balance in using the good ole rule of threes. Another piece of magic on this page was using the black cardstock. I believe it really made it pop on this paper. I used my favorite alphabet Big Deal. I love this alphabet because it is so universal and there are so many ways you can use it. This is what I call a "more bang for your buck" set. Lastly, who couldn't resist that adorable sweaty face??? Ahhh...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home